Friday, July 16, 2010

Here's some off-the-chart post-a poem. It might as well fail to arouse any interest. Its called "Glimpse Of a Journey".

I have a fetish for the colour green.

I’m not sure how, it was only

When I looked out through a window

Anticipating reddish and brown and tawny substance

That they love to call soil, and I found green.

As though a prevision, I found out why.


The subtlety intrigues me, when I realize

The water droplet sitting idly on a grass blade and

The world it portrays in the reflection, is actually false.

Where have I been all along?

The likelihood that I am false is overpowering,

I awoke only to see the greenery gone.


Is it bizarre

To imagine the brown turf go green again?

How long has it been

Since the lack of viridity has perplexed me?

The rain is yet to arrive.


Once I found a man

Lost, he lay on a bed of grass

I yearned for the extent of his insularism,

Desperation embraced me, I thought for a while.

Right then I opened my eyes

And I found them green again.




1 comment:

  1. Add a post title yaar!
    I didnt knew u wrote poems too!!!
    And sometimes take the time to comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete